Dr. Skeels can examine your tooth through visual exams and x-rays to determine whether you require a root canal procedure. If you do, the root canal procedure will relieve your pain and discomfort and improve the health of your tooth.
Dr. Skeels and his staff take the following steps to treat your tooth:
- We numb the tooth so you won't feel pain
- We use dental instruments to create an opening in your tooth
- We remove the damaged pulp
- We clean the inside of your tooth
- We seal the area with a rubber-like material
- We insert a crown to protect your tooth
The root canal procedure usually takes just one appointment. After the treatment, you can bite and chew as you normally do. Make sure to brush, floss, and visit the dentist regularly to prevent further problems with your teeth.