Annual Dental Checkups in Rochester NY
You brush and floss your teeth twice every day, but you still have dental needs that only a dentist can handle. Many problems that you may have, such as cavities, don't become obvious to you until they develop over time. When you schedule annual dental checkups in the Rochester, NY area, let Dr. Skeels and his team catch these problems early on.
Your Annual Dental Checkups in Rochester, NY
We have a few basic procedures for every checkup. These procedures include:
- Even if you regularly brush and floss, you can only take care of plaque at home. When a dentist or dental hygienist cleans your teeth, he or she removes tartar that gathers where the exposed tooth and gum meet.
- At the end of your appointment, we discuss any problems we noticed and what treatment works best for you, if necessary. We even demonstrate the best brushing and flossing techniques.
- Dr. Skeels and his staff will check your mouth, teeth, and gums for any problems. We may use instruments like a mouth mirror or probe to see even the far corners of your mouth.
- Once we have cleaned your teeth, we polish them. This process removes any plaque your regular brushing and flossing missed. Polishing also eliminates some minor stains. The substance we use to polish your teeth feels gritty, but we give you a chance to rinse when we finish.
- You don't need X-rays every time you come to our office. We decide how often each patient needs X-ray images based on his or her dental history. Some people even go years between X-rays.
Your Trusted Dentist
Call us now at (585) 467-7000
to schedule you and your family's annual dental checkups in Rochester, NY.
You can also reach us through email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via our contact form. We have appointments available Monday through Thursday from 7:30 AM to 5 PM.