Dental Bridges Rochester NY
If you have an uncomfortable gap in your smile, you may find it hard to chew and speak. With dental bridges from our Rochester, NY office, you can get your missing teeth back.
A dental bridge contains a false tooth or teeth, surrounded by crowns on either side. The crowns attach to your natural teeth or implants to secure your new tooth.
If you're ready to restore your smile, talk to Dr. Skeels about dental bridges in Rochester, NY.
Implants vs. Dental Bridges
You may wonder about the difference between a traditional dental bridge and an implant. Implants protect the teeth around them, while dental bridges rely on surrounding teeth for support. Implants generally last longer and are easier to care for.
However, unlike implants, traditional dental bridges do not require surgery. They typically cost less and take less time to place. If you take care of your bridge, it should last at least ten years.
The Dental Bridge Process
When you come to Dr. Skeels' office for a dental bridge, you can expect the following:
- Dr. Skeels removes some enamel from your natural teeth that will hold the bridge in place.
- Dr. Skeels' team makes impresses of your teeth to create a custom bridge.
- Dr. Skeels places a temporary bridge in your mouth.
- When the custom bridge is ready, Dr. Skeels places it in your mouth, ensuring that it fits perfectly.
- You return to the office at a later date so Dr. Skeels can recheck the fit and then cement the bridge in place.
Dental bridges in Rochester, NY help you chew and speak normally again, and protect the natural structure of your mouth, jaw, and face.
If you're missing teeth, talk to Dr. Skeels about your options. If you want to avoid surgery, or if you have jaw bone loss that will prevent the success of implants, then a dental bridge is a good choice. Call for an appointment at (585) 467-7000.