We live in an image conscious world. Wherever you look, you see confident smiles from Rochester, NY to Paris, France.
However, if your oral hygiene falls short or your teeth look stained-particularly in America-you may wonder if your teeth meet people's pearly white expectations. If these worries make you self-conscious, they can impact your life in a big way.
A genuine smile makes a difference at a biological level. When you smile, your facial muscles contract and alter the entire structure of your face. This action allows the blood in your head to flow more freely to your brain's frontal lobe and releases endorphins and dopamine--also known as "feel-good" chemicals. But how else can a confident smile in Rochester, NY impact your life?
Ways a Beautiful Smile Can Improve Your Life
- Confidence -- When you don't worry about how your smile looks, you automatically have more confidence. A confident smile improves performance in job interviews, athletic endeavors, school classes, and other aspects of your daily life.
- Better speech patterns -- If you have crooked or chipped teeth, this may affect your speech. Once your dentist resolves bite abnormalities, your speech improves. When you smile while speaking, your mouth naturally opens more, which allows others to better understand you.
- Better first impressions -- A winning smile is one of the first things you notice when you meet someone new, and that flash of white helps create trust.
- Better social life -- When you don't smile as often, people assume you feel angry or unhappy. A beautiful and confident smile, on the other hand makes people perceive you as happier, more successful, and more attractive.
But what can you do if you have stained, crooked, or chipped teeth? How can you make sure you have the most confident smile in Rochester, NY?
Ways to Improve Your Smile
- Practice -- It may sound silly, but practicing your smile in the mirror teaches you what your smile actually looks like so you don't worry.
- Smile regularly -- If you feel self-conscious and don't naturally smile often, you may have to remind yourself. The more often you smile, the more confident you'll feel.
- Smile when you're happy -- Don't hide that smile when you're genuinely happy. Allow your smile to shine when the situation arises.
- Follow good oral hygiene -- To improve the appearance of your teeth, consult your dentist. At Dr. David K Skeels, we offer services like teeth whitening, dental implants, porcelain veneers, and more to help you create a perfect smile.
Call us now at (585) 467-7000
so you and your family can have some of the most confident smiles in Rochester, NY and beyond!